IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, that it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing, and that the data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. The MLS may, at its discretion, require use of other disclaimers as necessary to protect participants and/or the MLS from liability.
Listings provided by SABOR MLS
On the northwest side of San Antonio, just minutes from Sea World lies Helotes. The name ‘elotes’(meaning corn on the cob) was incorporated in 1981 and the area has been on the map since the 19th century. These days, Helotes continues to be a charming community with a small-town feel despite its proximity to San Antonio, TX. Monthly market days, great little shops, family events, and the famous John T. Floore Country Store continues to draw some of the top musical talents around.
Homes for sale in this community are very stable. The median home price is $244,700, compared to the state of Texas, at $128,000 and the national average of $181,400. These figures point to the median home price in Helotes being 35% higher than the national average to support the beautiful homes and great estates in the area. The majority of the houses are occupied. The occupancy rate is an astounding 97.4 %, leaving only 2.6 % available and vacant. The average household in this neighborhood has 7.3 rooms in it. The majority of the population 45.8% spends only 10% to 19% of their monthly income on their home mortgage.
Helotes is known for the sunny weather, high income per capita, low crime rates, and high graduation rates, which supports the community. The residents are a tight-knit group of people with like incomes, homes, and interests and often have welcoming parties for new residents. Helotes, TX has a livability rate of 82. It is ranked as the 99th best place to live in the entire state of Texas, and the 841stbest place to live in the United States.
Thanks to affordable housing prices, a laid-back atmosphere, Hill Country’s unparalleled natural beauty, and reasonable commute time to downtown San Antonio, Helotes is fast becoming one of the city’s most desirable suburbs. Nicknamed “where Hill Country starts” by the locals for its location in the Hill Country foothills, Helotes offers easy access to hiking, biking, and nature activities. Hiking trails start behind City Hall at the intersection of State Hwy 16 and FM 1560. The Helotes Creek Nature Reserve is located just off Bandera Road on the banks of Helotes Creek.
Want to find a home in Helotes? Then don’t waste time anymore and don't miss out on these properties and let us help you find your dream home today. Carl Bishop and the whole AE Realty office are here to help you out all through the way.